TRIO SES & STEM
TRIO SES & STEM provide comprehensive, personalized support services to first-generation, low-income students and individuals with disabilities. As a TRIO student, you will receive support to help you achieve academic success and graduate with a bachelor’s degree. TRIO will also help you prepare for graduate school and for success in a global environment.
Gretchen Heasty, Director
- One of the following:
- First-generation college student
- Meet the federal guidelines for low-income status
- Have a documented disability and be registered with the KU Academic Achievement and Access Center
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Accepted for enrollement or currently enrolled at KU as an undergraduate student pursuing first bachelor's degree
- Demonstrate academic need for services
Why this program?
- Academic, career, and financial advising
- Tutoring and academic workshops
- Access to technology resources & free printing
- Personal support for former foster youth throughout their higher education journey at KU
- Potential to apply for a small, program-provided grant to cover unmet financial needs
2018-2019 school year:
The priority deadline has passed, but you still may be able to join the program. Please send an email to the contact person listed above for more information.
2019-2020 school year:
November 1, 2018 - until full (Priority deadline: July 1, 2019)