The KU Pell Advantage is an award for incoming freshmen who are Kansas residents. It pays for tuition and fees (except course fees) for 15 credit hours per semester for four years. By applying to KU and submitting your FAFSA by the Dec. 1 priority deadline, you will be entered into consideration. To receive the KU Pell Advantage, you must be a Kansas resident with at least a 3.25 GPA, 22 ACT or 1100 SAT score, and be eligible for a federal Pell Grant.
Questions about this program can be directed to the main financial aid email account.
- Incoming freshman
- Kansas resident with a 3.25+ high school GPA
- 22+ ACT or 1100+ SAT score
- Be eligible for a federal Pell Grant
- Submit FAFSA by December 1 deadline
Why this program?
- Covers tuition and campus fees (excluding course fees) for 15 credit hours per semester for four years (no funding is available for summer terms)
Students will be contacted if they are eligible for the program. All requested documentation must be submitted around June 1 of every year.