Maximizing Access to Research Careers
The MARC & Pre-MARC Programs
The MARC and pre-MARC programs provide support for undergraduate students from groups that are underrepresented in the biomedical sciences, and who are interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research. Major components of the program include mentored student research experiences, enhancement programs in introductory science and math courses, enrichment activities such as group seminars, faculty and peer mentoring, and attendance at scientific meetings.
Viena Thomas, Program Coordinator
- Undergraduate sophomore or junior enrolled full time
- Intend to attend graduate school in a science-related field
and meet one of the following:
- First- Generation college students
- Underrepresented group in biomedical sciences (student of color, women)
- Economically disadvantaged
Why this Program?
Application Window for Fall 2022:
Applications open May 1st, 2022