Initiative for Maximizing Student Development
The Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) program provides support for undergraduate students at KU from groups that are currently underrepresented in the field of sciences who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedical research.
Ashley Urban, Program Coordinator
- Enrolled as a full-time student at KU
- U.S. Citizen or legal resident
- Intent to apply to a graduate program in the sciences and have a serious interest in a career in biomedical research
Why this program?
- Mentored student research experience in a research lab
- Hourly compensation
- Enhancement program in science and math courses
- Enrichment activities such as group seminars
- Faculty and peer mentoring
- Travel to scientific meetings
- Application assistance for graduate school
IMSD is a competitive program, and pre-applications are accepted throughout the year. Those selected to compete for an official application will be notified and will need to include two letters of recommendation.