As an Emerging Scholar, you are paid an hourly wage to assist a professor with a research or creative project. You will also participate in monthly professional development sessions throughout the year. The program is open to first-year students (freshman or transfer students) who accept a Federal Work-Study (FWS) Award.
Dawn Tallchief, Assistant Director
- Incoming student (Freshmen or Transfer)
- Accept a Federal Work-Study (FWS) Award
Why this program?
- Get paid to learn: Your work study job will directly benefit your education. You'll have a chance to learn more about an area of interest. This experience may help you make a decision about a major and will expose you to a variety of opportunities on campus.
- Connect with a professor: Getting to know a professor well your freshman year gives you many advantages.
- Meet other students doing research: You'll take part in paid professional development sessions at least once per month. During these sessions you'll have a chance to get to know other Emerging Scholars and Center for Undergraduate Research staff.
May 17, 2021-July 1, 2021 (Priority deadline June 1)